Originally registered 28th August 1951 in Inverness to the North of Scotland Hydro Electricity Board.
There is confirmation of this from the Highland Council Archive records with a copy of the original ledger. Additionally, there is a Heritage Certificate confirming it’s build-date and original colour in Blue.
45 years later in 1996 and the car was bought as a project and fully rebuilt over the following 16 years.
There are many invoices – 60 in total in the vehicle file including an itemised list of parts body parts that were galvanised as follows.: Bulkhead, Front bumper, Door and tailgate hinges, Seat brackets, Capping channels, Windscreen channel, Tailgate pig tail, Various hooks.
All of which have stood the test of the last 22 years and the chassis and floors are in very good condition with no rust. Many other mechanical parts were rebuilt/replaced with invoices supporting such.
The original engine was replaced with Land Rover’s venerable 2.5 Litre OHV unit which performs well and was sourced from a 1986 110, a new carburettor being installed too.
The engine runs perfectly and pulls extremely well with no oil or coolant leaks.
Whilst not original It makes the vehicle very useable especially with the fitment of overdrive.